Agile coaching, travel, triathlon, cars and family are what drive me.
So this is how I earn a living. I help companies transform the way they work by using agile and lean methodologies. It’s a lot more than getting products to customers quicker, it’s about the whole culture of the company and how to give autonomy and purpose to employees. Check out my reading list for some background info on how I approach my work.
I’ve consulted for a host of companies, everything from aviation in the Middle East to investment banking in New York.
Certified by Scrum Alliance and Scaled Agile as-well as been active in my local user group Agile Yorkshire.
I’ve been doing triathlon for about 7 years now. Started on a whim after doing 10k’s for a few years and a love of mountain biking.
Depending on client commitments I tend to race in 6-8 events a year. Living in West Yorkshire does allow to access some of the best running and riding routes in the country, just ask the Brownlee’s. I have raced for Calderdale Triathlon Club but now race for Pedalsport Tri Club. My PB for full distance in 2:28 at London a few years ago. With my current Half IM time standing at 5:30. Follow me on Strava
My passion for triathlon is on par with my love of cars. Had to upgrade to something bigger for the family so currently ride is a BMW X3M. I’m a huge M car fan boy having owned M3 & M4 cars in the past. Check out my posts on my BMW M3 and the newer M4.
Home is a farm house in Ripponden in Yorkshire. Complete with horses, sheep, dogs and cats. After spending the week with clients I look forward to coming back to a home in the sticks.
- Will agile continue to be the golden goose for consultancies? my Agile Reflect talk
- Does RACI have a place with agile teams?
- US to lift travel ban and open borders before Christmas
- Agile Yorkshire Talk – Cost of Delay
- I planted a forest during Covid lockdown to offset my carbon footprint.
- Cosmopolitan Lania suite review
- Architecture and Agility – Soul mates or cell mates?
- Free help Feb
- Leeds Tunnel Run – May ‘19
- Can you get bored of business air travel???
- Community of practice or practise being a community?
- Kaizen, Kaikaku and Kakushin – what’s the difference?
- Hypothesis A3 Canvas
- Top 10 Agile Lean conferences in 2018
- Bad day airport rant!!!
- Aria Sky Suite review
- Aria Sky Suite Penthouse
- British Airway’s the Concorde Room at LHR
- Shortest limousine ride ever?
- British Airways First Class review
- Seat 3K – best seat ever on a flight?
- SAFe 4.0 vs SAFe 4.5 – what is the difference?
- Agile Manchester conference 2017
- Free Agile coaching for new mums returning to work
- Virgin Trains – first class breakfast
- Agile coaching books – my reading list
- Future Facing Retrospective
- Why triathlon is better than football
- 2015 BMW M4 Review
- Protected: Leeds Tunnel Run ’18
- Tadcaster Triathlon review
- 2013 BMW M3 – 12 month review
- Ampleforth Triathlon – My first race
- Blenheim Tri – TT or road bike???
- Coniston MTB Triathlon
- Blenheim Triathlon 2012 – race review