I did a Q&A session in April for a LinkedIn architecture group on how architecture fits in to the modern enterprise that is trying to reach the holy grail of business agility.
Worth a watch as I answer the following questions put forward by members of the ArchLife Linkedin group:
- Does architecture have a place in agile?
- What’s the best example you’ve come across of an architecture team supporting agile change delivery and how did that work in practice?
- What is the role of the Enterprise Arch in companies with established agility
- What are the key benefits to introducing SAFe to a business that has typically worked to a process such as TOGAF?
- What are the main challenges you have faced when moving an enterprise closer towards agile practises?
- How long would you say it typically takes to see the benefit of moving a full architecture towards agile?
- When moving an architecture towards SAFe, what are the key changes that you have needed to introduce as the first big steps
- I’m a strong believer in building solutions with flexibility in mind for the future, but it always comes at an extra cost. Any tips for making it cheaper?
- Any tips for how business architecture and IT strategy works alongside the product teams in SAFe?